Sunday, April 13, 2008
Well we finally decided it was time to get rid of those nasty viney things growing up the side of my house. Those of you that have seen them know what I am talking about. I really did not mind what they looked like in the summer. Atleast they were green then. During the winter it makes my house look old and haunted or somethng. These vines were growing in through my basement and also on the screens for my windows. Those little buggers were attached pretty good. They had even started to go around the front of the house. Brandon figured the vines were going to pull over the antenna eventually because they were starting to climb up the antenna. Anyway I got some pictures of Brandon cutting down the vines. Grandpa Searle came to help after he saw Brandon bring the loader down. He was the loader operator and Brandon got to be the Monkey. He stood in the bucket and snipped, and pulled, and snipped some more until it finally came down. Then we were left with a big tangle of vines and chicken wire. We raked and cut for hours trying to get the mess cleaned up but we finally got it. Now my poor house is naked. There is nothing covering up our ugly windows. We will have to take care of that problem later. Windows cost a little more than I have to part with at the moment. I do plan on putting in a lot of flowers to make my house look prettier though. Any suggestions??? Cheap suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment